Providing services for adults with disabilities.

(530) 242-8580

Successes and Obstacles with Cerebral Palsy

BY MADDELINE THOMAS  (Originally posted on Maddeline’s blog) March is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month and Cerebral Palsy (CP) comes with extraordinary gifts and challenges. I was diagnosed with CP at…

Read More

Finding Happiness During Transition

Written By Maddeline Thomas, a Compass community member.  Article was originally written on Maddy’s Blog – Abilist Resilient Balance Happiness is precious because if I do something every day that…

Read More

Handling Expectations

Written by: Maddeline Thomas Zip-lining in Baguio, Philippines. Have to wear extra protection and bravery to get through expectations.  My family is interracial; I am Filipino, Swiss, and Japanese. My…

Read More

Town Hall | August 20th

This was a live Town Hall event record on August 20th. At the very end, the meeting was cut short and ended abruptly due to technical difficulties.

Town Hall | July 30th

Watch our virtual live Town Hall event recorded on July 30th, 2020.  Eric and Sadie share the good news, some updates and of course answer your questions.

2020 Vision

By Sadie Hess We will tell our grandchildren about 2020. This has been a decade of events in a year. We have experienced a pandemic, financial upheaval, civil unrest….and it…

Read More

Building Strong Relationships

Written by MADDELINE THOMAS Why is it hard to form relationships? People with disabilities experience social barriers because people without disabilities are scared to communicate with them. It starts when…

Read More

Standing Together

Dear Compass Family, I am writing you to share my thoughts about the state of affairs in our world and our small corner of it at Compass.  These are scary and…

Read More

Courage over Corona

Courage Over Corona

Written by Cassandra Sales “Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.” – Helen Keller The Light Shines the Brightest Courage is strength in the…

Read More