It’s S’mores Day! Hopefully if you’re reading this you know what a s’more is. If not, here’s a short, informative video:
Here are some fast facts about S’mores!
- Did you know the first known s’mores recipe was published in a Girl Scout Handbook in 1927? At that time they were called “some mores” !
- Craving s’mores but lacking the campfire? S’mores can be made a variety of different ways! Click for a recipe for microwave s’mores!
- There are so many different varieties of s’mores! Substituting graham crackers for cookies, or the chocolate for Reese’s cups. The marshmallow part seems to be non-negotiable.
- S’mores have been adopted as a flavor which can be found in ice cream, pop tarts, or cereal!
- There are entire cookbooks dedicated to s’mores! So find one for yourself and get cracking on celebrating this holiday!