It’s National Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day! We’ve gathered 10 fun facts and fast recipes that any peanut butter lover is sure to enjoy! If you’re a peanut butter lover, check this list out and enjoy the day!
- Did you know that Americans consume 1.5 billion pounds of peanut butter and peanut products each year?
- Generally, men prefer crunchy peanut butter, while women and children prefer creamy. What’s your preference?
- If you want to spice up your smores by the campfire, add a reese’s cup instead of plain chocolate. It will change your life!
- These have been called the best peanut butter cookies: https://bakingamoment.com/peanut-butter-cookies/ Try them out and let us know!
- We’ve had 2 US Presidents elected who were once peanut farmers! Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter!
- Here’s a simple (and healthy!) no bake breakfast recipe that involves peanut butter. You’re welcome. http://simplytaralynn.com/2018/02/25/4-ingredient-no-bake-protein-breakfast-ballsvegan-gf/
- Did you know about some of the health benefits of peanut butter? A serving of peanut butter has 3 mg of the powerful antioxidant vitamin E, 49 mg of bone-building magnesium, 208 mg of muscle-friendly potassium, and 0.17 mg of immunity-boosting vitamin B6. Research shows that eating peanuts can decrease your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other chronic health conditions.
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make one 12 ounce jar of peanut butter. That is a lot of peanuts!
- Peanuts are not actually nuts, but legumes! The plants are unusual because they flower above ground, but the fruit (peanuts) grows underground.
- Grand Saline, Texas, holds the record for the largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which weighed in at 1,342 pounds.
There you have it! 10 fun facts and sweet recipes with peanut butter! What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy peanut butter? Let us know in the comments!